Using a bean bag can be effective for a person on the autism spectrum or with an anxiety or sensory processing disorder because it’s soft and provides a cocoon effect. Deep pressure touch is distributed evenly across the body and stimulates a neurological response which allows the body to calm down. Especially useful when the person begins to shows sign of aggression (ether towards them self or others) or who are prone to violent movements (also known as crashers). The bean bag allows the person to become less sensitive to touch and prevents opportunities to hurt them self while sitting in the bean bag. Plus it is also a super comfortable chair to relax in!
• Measures 4 ft x 8″ when flat and about 3 ft x 3 ft when folded
• Comes covered in soft, luxurious microsuede.
• The cover is 100% machine washable
• The inner protective liner supplied with a locking tamper-proof zipper to keep your kids safe
• Made with 100% earth-friendly recycled/shredded furniture grade urethane foam
• Never needs refilling, unlike polystyrene beads