It’s never too early to have your child help you plan a well-balanced meal and you can do it with this colorful wooden set. There are items from each of the five food groups–including watermelon, milk, cheese, fish, eggs, and much more. The set is made from solid wood and come with four wooden baskets for sorting and storage.
More Ways to Play and Learn:
• Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, or fruits and vegetables. Ask the child to place each food group in a different crate.
• Ask your child to identify the colors of each food item, and sort the items by color among the four crates.
• You can help your child assemble a balanced meal in each basket Each meal would have one item from each food group.
• Visual memory skills: Place 3-4 ingredients in front of the child. Let the child study them before asking the child to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.
- 2.5″ x 8.75″ x 12.5″ Packaged
- Recommended Ages:
- 3+ years