This Level 2 story from the Start to Read! series is the next step in your child’s reading development. It features controlled vocabulary, simple sentence patterns, and rhyming words. In The New Bike, Lee has a new bike and wants to show it to her friend Mike, but first she has to learn to ride it! With dad’s help and big determination, she does just that. The book introduces 50-70 news words, and many can be read by changing the initial sound or by rhyming with a known word. Picture clues provide considerable support for the text. All the elements add up to reading success! You may need to help your child sound out some words, then after several readings together, encourage him or her to read alone. This is just one selection in Dr. James Hoffman’s Start to Read! Early Reading Program, with storybooks across three progressive reading levels.
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 50-70 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Illustrated to provide important picture clues
- Memorable story line and main characters