This Level 3 story from the Start to Read! series, continues building important reading skills. Intended for young readers with some experience at Levels 1 and 2, this book features a relatable story line, as it introduces 45-150 new words. In The Last Game, suspense and action build, as a tie-breaking baseball game unfolds, and boys and girls on the two teams make their best plays. Many of the vocabulary words can be read by changing the initial sound or by rhyming with a known word. This book is just one selection in Dr. James Hoffman’s Start to Read! Early Reading Program, with storybooks across three progressive reading levels.
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 45-150 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Illustrated to provide important picture clues
- Memorable story line and main characters