Intended for young readers with some experience at Levels 1 and 2, this Level 3 storybook from the Start to Read! series features a whimsical story line, as it introduces 45-150 new words. In The Fabulous Principal Pie, students propose to their school principal a new cafeteria menu that includes “…banana dogs and root beer pie or bubble gum stew with nuts piled high?” Many of the vocabulary words can be read by changing the initial sound or by rhyming with a known word. This book is just one selection in Dr. James Hoffman’s Start to Read! Early Reading Program, with storybooks across three progressive reading levels.
Fun Features & Big Benefits
- Part of a multi-level series
- Introduces 45-150 new words
- Relies on core words and repetition
- Presents familiar themes and experiences
- Illustrated to provide important picture clues
- Memorable story line and main characters